Eagle Scout Project
A few weeks ago we had [...]
Pros and Cons of in-Person vs. Online
There were tons of changes that were made due [...]
Tips for College Books Shopping
Finding college books for your classes can [...]
College Life Tip
Preparing for college life can be a [...]
Applications of GIS
Applications of GIS While doing some research [...]
Camping Tips and Tricks
As summer starts to settle down and [...]
Getting rid of belongings in general is a hard task, much less trying to find a place to bring them so that they can be repurposed can be even harder! In the spirit of the upcoming Earth Day we are giving you insight on where you can bring those items.
- Goodwill is almost always the number one go-to for donations. They have hundreds of locations across the nation and will take a variety of items so that they can be repurposed and recycled. When you donate to them, you receive a 10% coupon to go towards future purchases at their stores. You can search for a drop-off location near you using this link here https://giveit2goodwill.org/locations-list/
- Habitat for Humanity
- Like Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity will take on nearly any and all items ranging from furniture and lumber to books and appliances. These items are sold in their ReStores, and they only have one donation location here in Clarksville. A full list of items that they will take can be found here https://www.habitatmctn.org/restore/ as well as their hours for drop off and location.
- City Thrift
- City Thrift is another wonderful location that will take on gently used furniture and clothing. They can be found off of Wilma Rudolph Blvd and accept donations any day of the week within their store hours. Their mission is to promote recycling adn to keep clothing items out of landfills. They have discounts throughout the week ( certain color tags=certain discounts, military discounts, and senior discounts) on select days. To find a store near you use this link https://buythrift.com/stores/ .
- Plato’s Closet
- Now, Plato’s Closet is not exactly a donation spot, but you can sell your gently used items there. They are a little bit more picky on what they accept for resale, but it definitely doesn’t hurt to try. You bring in your items and they give you a price for what they want. It’s up to you if you want to sell to them. Here is a link to their website; it has their location and hours https://www.platoscloset.com/locations/clarksville-tn .
- Like Plato’s Closet, McKay’s’ is a buy-sell-trade type of place. Their location is a lot closer to the Nashville area than the Clarksville area, but they offer really good deals for items when selling and you have the option of cash or store credit. It is also a good place to find really good deals on electronics and books. Their location, store hours, and buy-sell-trade procedure can be found here http://www.mckaybooks.com/ .
We are aware that not all of the places listed are strictly donation based and some are a buy/sell based place, but a little variety never hurt anyone. Save the Earth one piece of clothing at a time; choose to reduce, reuse, and recycle to keep items like clothing and light furniture out of our landfills! Stay tuned for more ways to help our planet stay clean and green the closer that we get to Earth Day!
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.