Eagle Scout Project
A few weeks ago we had [...]
Pros and Cons of in-Person vs. Online
There were tons of changes that were made due [...]
Tips for College Books Shopping
Finding college books for your classes can [...]
College Life Tip
Preparing for college life can be a [...]
Applications of GIS
Applications of GIS While doing some research [...]
Camping Tips and Tricks
As summer starts to settle down and [...]
There are a ton of things to do in Clarksville during the summer months. If you are heavy into outdoor activities, Clarksville is the area for you because we are full of them. We hold 30 parks, 2 of which are State Parks. We have kayaking for the Cumberland River and art galleries and installations all over town. There are farmers markets, thrift stores, garden centers, and outdoor events specially planned by the city.
- Let’s start with hiking!
- There are a bunch of trails that you can walk, hike, or bike on here in Clarksville. There are even ADA compliant trails. There are so many wonderful trails with excellent views of scenery and wildlife. If you have children, there are quite a good amount of playgrounds. Some of the most popular locations include Rotary Park, Clarksville Greenway, and McGregor Park & Cumberland Riverwalk. Those are moderately easy parks to walk and bike on, if you are looking for more of a difficult hike to take check out this website https://www.alltrails.com/us/tennessee/clarksville. If you are an avid hiker check out Challenge Trails, an app that tracks the hikes you take in Clarksville and when you complete a set number of trails you get a badge! Adding a little extra fun to your hiking adventures this summer.
- Waterways and Rock Climbing!
- If going for a hike is a little too low energy for you or you are just looking to try something new, look into the kayaking, rock climbing, or mountain biking options that are also available here in Clarksville. With the rocky terrain and small wooded areas, mountain biking is a super fun activity to do. There are a range of options from heavily difficult trails to novice and child friendly. If you are 15 years old or younger then you have to be accompanied by an adult. There is information on trail heads and safety practices here Mountain Biking. Clarksville is home to one of the region’s most top-rated rock climbing spots located at King’s Bluff Park. The park is owned by the Southeastern Climber’s Coalition and they ask that you practice Leave No Trace when visiting their climbing locations. You do not need to be involved with the organization to be able to rock climb in their areas. However, if you are an inexperienced climber, or if it is your first time climbing, try to get some training experience before heading out to the rocks. A great place to practice rock climbing is the Foy Center on APSUs’ Campus. They are home to an indoor rock climbing area with trained certified professionals to teach you how to wear the harnesses and safety procedures for climbing. There are a few options when it comes to gym access. If you are a student the Foy Center is essentially free because the membership fee is included in our tuition already, there are membership options that vary and more information can be found here APSU Foy Center, then lastly there is the option for a guest pass. When choosing a guest pass you have the option for a single-visit, 5-visit or 10-visit guest pass, prices range accordingly and are updated on the website previously listed. With access points in places like Liberty Park, Billy Dunlop Park, Robert Clark Park and Port Royal State Park, kayaking is made easy here in Clarksville. There are tons of places to choose from when deciding which body of water to go kayaking on. If you don’t have your own kayak don’t fret, Run-A-Muck Outfitters has kayak rentals and provides transportation to your location. It is a super easy rental booking process, information on Run-A Muck Outfitters and their rental booking can be found here https://www.runamuckoutfitters.com/.
- Clarksville hosts a few concerts annually, one of the fan favorites being Jazz on the Lawn. Jazz on the Lawn will be returning for the summer of 2022 and will be located at Beachaven Winery on specific dates during June, August, and October. If you are not 21 don’t worry, you can still join in on the festivities. There is a $5 cover charge for the event, music will be live from 3:00-5:00 PM and 6:30-9:30 PM, and there will be an array of food trucks on site. It is a fun event for everyone and spots fill up fast so get there early! If an outdoor event isn’t your style, Austin Peay State University’s Department of Music hosts all types of concerts, you are bound to find one or two that fit your music style. Their full and constantly updated list can be found here https://www.facebook.com/APSUMusic. Most concerts are free to students with a valid APSU ID, however ticket prices for the public vary per concert or recital.
- Farmers Markets!
- The Clarksville Downtown Market is one of the most looked forward to events by the community all summer long. It begins the first Saturday in May and runs into October. The L&N Train Depot Farmer’s Market offers a small selection of local produce Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays through the summer. It is a great way to connect with the community, experience buying from our local vendors, enjoy live music, and participate in special events on select days. Check out the Clarksville Downtown Market Calendar to stay up to date on the dates and times of the specific market events happening this summer.
- Clarksville is home to murals, sculptures, fountains, and flames are among the art pieces you can find scattered throughout Clarksville. A full list of Clarksville’s Public Art can be found here Clarksville’s Public Art. Looking into Clarksville’s public art makes for a wonderful adventure of exploring all the parts of downtown, Fort Campbell, Madison street and more. If you are wanting more of a museum setting for exploring your art tastes, look into one of the many Art Galleries that Clarksville holds. APSU is home to two of these art galleries. With rotating exhibits, the majority of the work is done by alumni and students. It gives the students a chance to showcase their work in a familiar environment while still being able to ask questions, think critically, and gain experience. There are even options for follow-along painting classes ( some are even BYOB!). There are also opportunities for live theater! You can check out events happening at the Roxy Theater here Live Theater, they update their event dates regularly. The Austin Peay State University Theater and Dance Department also has a wonderful selection of events happening this summer you can check out this link Theater and Dance to stay up to date on the latest shows.
- We have exhausted the outdoors and daytime options so let’s dig into the nightlife options! There are a ton of pubs and bars in downtown Clarksville that have an excellent nightlife scene. One of the favorites being Revel House for their live music nights on Tuesdays and their college nights on Wednesdays. Another crowd favorite is Mickey’s bar, they do themed nights and events. There are also movie nights in the parks, the dates of which can be found here Movies In the Park . This can be a fun hangout with friends or a cute date night, food trucks will be there. Another fun event is the Mayor’s Summer Night Lights events that go through June and July. You can look forward to a variety of activities ranging from a DJ, to sports tournaments, to motivational speakers, and arts and crafts events. A free meal is provided as long as supplies last. You can find a list of 2022s events here Clarksville Events .
Whether you are young or old, new here or been here, there is an event for you! We hope you have fun this summer GOVs!
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.